Dental Bridges Near You
Dental bridges are a fixed dental restoration used to replace missing teeth. They consist of artificial teeth (pontics) anchored in place by dental crowns or abutments on adjacent natural teeth or dental implants. Bridges are an effective way to restore function and aesthetics in cases of tooth loss.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges provide a lasting answer to close the space caused by one or more missing teeth by connecting to the neighboring teeth. There are different types of dental bridges:
- Traditional bridges (anchored to adjacent teeth),
- Cantilever bridges (anchored to one adjacent tooth),
- Implant-supported dentures (anchored to multiple dental implants).
Issues Dental Crowns Help With
- Tooth Damage – Crowns protect and restore severely decayed, damaged, or broken teeth.
- Root Canal Treatment – When a root canal procedure occurs, crowns are applied to safeguard the weakened tooth and restore functionality.
- Cosmetic Enhancement – When you receive dental crowns near you, they can improve the appearance of misshapen or discolored teeth.
Issues Dental Bridges Help With
- Tooth Replacement – Bridges replace missing teeth, restoring the ability to bite, chew, and speak properly.
- Preventing Shifting of Teeth – They help prevent adjacent teeth from shifting or rotating into the space left by a missing tooth.
- Aesthetic Enhancement – Bridges restore the appearance of your smile by filling gaps and improving facial symmetry.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Restored Functionality – Bridges restore your ability to eat and speak comfortably, improving your overall oral function.
- Improved Appearance – They enhance your smile by filling gaps and giving a natural look to the teeth.
- Preservation of Tooth Alignment – Bridges help maintain the alignment of surrounding teeth and prevent potential issues caused by shifting teeth.
- Durable and Long-Lasting – With proper maintenance, dental bridges can endure for numerous years, providing a reliable and durable tooth replacement option.
Process of Receiving Dental Bridges
- Book an appointment with us to ascertain if a dental bridge is the appropriate treatment. A discussion regarding available choices will follow an evaluation of your mouth’s health.
- If adjacent teeth are used as abutments, preparation begins with the removal of a portion of the enamel to make space for the crowns supporting the bridge.
- Dental impressions are taken to create an accurate mold of your teeth. The dental laboratory customizes the bridge and pontics to fit your unique oral anatomy.
- We may place a temporary bridge to protect the teeth prepared while the final bridge is being created.
- Once the permanent bridge is ready, it is carefully fitted and cemented onto the abutment teeth or implants.
Are You Looking for Dental Bridges Near You?
If you’re considering getting dental bridges in SE Calgary to fill gaps from missing teeth and bring back your smile, we invite you to schedule a consultation at our dental office. We look forward to helping you achieve a complete and functional smile with dental bridges.